An experienced Quality Engineer to lead quality improvement activiteis is required to join a small team in support of the wider Manufacturing group.
The post will be largely interfacing with the factory and therefore experience of Quality Engineering in a precision machining application would be ideal.
Successful applicant will be reporting to the Quality Manager.
What will you do?
- To gather factory data, review it and report back on process changes that are necessary to hit targets.
- To describe and undertake capability studies and support Engineering with tolerance conclusions
- Undertake Product, Process, QMS and Supplier Audits pursuing a stakeholder for corrective actions and close out for all audit failings.
- Development and maintenance of control plans and Standard Operating Procedures for QC processes.
- Provide responses to customer complaints, by leading an investigation utilizing problem solving techniques to define corrective and preventative actions. Completing 8D responses to a high standard.
- Be responsible for PPAP submissions and approvals for Suppliers and External Customers, when required.
What will you need?
- Practical background with good knowledge of factory processes
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a QE in a manufacturing context preferably within precision engineering
- Proven problem solving abilities with means to satisfy customer demands with 8D response
- Experience of leading Quality Improvement activities
- Trained auditor with ISO9001 auditing experience
- Good communication skills at all levels
- Good attention to detail with a methodical approach
- Adaptable and resourceful, working on own initiative
Please forward your CV and covering letter via email email@example.com or HR Department
Closing date: 07/07/2023